Saturday, September 23, 2006

An Incomplete List of Things You Do Not Have To Do

Okay, besides bake cupbakes for Johnny's pre-school, what else could you choose not to do in order to have time to read your Bible?

  1. Watch TV?
  2. Read the newspaper?
  3. Read the latest novel, Christian or non-Christian.
  4. Read the latest Christian self-help book, or PARENTING book.
  5. Could you relax your standards a little regarding housecleaning or cooking from scratch?
  6. What about hobbies? Why not make Bible study your hobby?

Or how about this non-traditional answer? Quit going to ladies Bible study, especially one with homework.

The possibilities are endless. What would you add?

3 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Jennifer: (after the initial shock and woundedness) SOMEBODY had to say it.

Now here's a question just to you, well, and anyone else who wants to answer it, and I may put it up on the question blog:

Any thoughts about balancing time between blogging and reading blogs? I have so much to say (part of it is probably my stage in life), but I don't want to be rude and not "listen"?

Any thoughts?

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Triathamom said...

How about talking on the phone.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I agree!

Somehow talking on the phone seems to be an ineffective way of building relationship. It's okay for making appointments, etc, but it's especially detrimental to family time.

With my in-town friends, I would prefer to just get together in person. I'm thankful many of my relatives are moving closer this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home