Sunday, October 01, 2006

You COULD Read the Entire New Testament Yet This Year

As I was considering this workshop, someone made the comment to me that I couldn't just hand someone a Bible and tell them to read it. She was right.

I'd just hand them a New Testament. *snicker*

Realistically, though, while it is true that it is absolutely possible to read through the New Testament yet this year, I didn't share that story to make anyone feel they HAD to. When I did it, it was about beginning a personal relationship with Jesus. This CAN-DO message is to encourage those who already have that relationship.

Hey, I really don't want to be mean, but there are so many voices out there telling you it can't be done, or that it isn't important. pssst ... they're lying.

Just start. Somewhere. Because wherever you are, there you are. (That's what my daughter says anyway.:)

3 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm doing the Bible in 90 days plan. I am on Day 40 and have been reading for 60 days. yes I am 20 days behind but it's awesome. I started July 7 wiht Genesis and I am now in Psalms.....

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Triathamom said...

I just picked up a copy of The Message--New Testament. I began by reading the intro to each book --to get an overview of the timeline. Then I began reading --it was riviting. I've read almost the entire NT in 2 weeks. If you devour novels -- you can easily devour this. You will find yourself taking notes & flipping back through what you previously read to see how it relates. I will admit, however, that the closer I get to Revelations--I do get a little nervous. What is THAT about?

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Triathamom! Welcome to the blog!

It's been quite some time since I read Revelation in The Message version, but I don't think you'll find it too scary. You'll probably find it fascinating; like a novel you can't put down.

It's always interesting to try on different thoughts, try to wrap the brain around it, when reading Revelations; but then it also helps to remember that when it has all happened and we are looking back on it, it will all seem perfectly clear and obvious then.

My "prophecy" is that you will enjoy reading the Old Testament, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home