Friday, December 01, 2006

Scripture Memory

Charity Grace, one of my favorite blogs -- don't ask me why, I just feel comfortable there --, has a recent post on helping young children with scripture memory.

In the attending comments, I said:

AWANA has been a tool the Lord has used in an awesome way to quickly mature a family who already was in the midst of parenting before even being saved.

I'm not sure that everyone realizes that AWANA goes all the way through High School, and the High School material is a wonderful discipleship program. Every week there is a Bible study covering serious topics, and during the four years the students read the entire Bible.

My daughters have learned, and I think this is the heart of what CG is saying, that practice needs to occur on a DAILY basis, especially to lock it into long-term memory. What could be more important?

1 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Charity Grace said...

Awww, thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home