Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Titus 2 Committee

Something, from Shannon at IDYLWILD, that's been knocking around in my head trying to get out:

But how do we go from knowing so little about running a home to doing it with grace and style and love? I really liked what she said about having a committee. I think we often feel like we need A Titus 2 woman to show us how to do everything, but that doesn't work. We aren't supposed to be carbon copies of one another. And no single older woman is going to know everything we need to know. We have to be *picky* - picking a little from this woman about scheduling, a little from this woman about cleaning, a little from this woman about cooking and a little from this woman about doing it all with joy:)


Who's on your committee?

I told a lady this last weekend that she was on mine. It was quite rewarding! She just smiled, said she liked me, and gave me a hug.

The only thing better than that is knowing that she feels that way about my daughters too.

1 Comments:

At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across your site today and wanted to mention to you "Youniquely Woman." It is held at Precept Ministries in Chattanooga, TN and features Kay Arthur, Emilie Barnes and Donna Otto of Homemakers by Choice. Check it out. If you couldn't come, you could order the CDs. It's a great resource and a tremendous help. In Christ, Kris Nash, Rossville, GA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home