Friday, October 06, 2006

Making Application

And then there is the AHA! moment, when the Holy Spirit highlights a verse on the page and you KNOW it's for you. Write it down!

Previously I mentioned a Navigator's discipleship I was in as a new Christian. We were challenged to apply the Word to life and we were accountable to a discipler, to whom we turned in our Bible reading record weekly. Finding the "so what?" in a passage, what a thrill!

Other thoughts:

  • Sometimes your Bible reading will necessarily be colored by the circumstances around you. For example, recently I have been troubled by some events around me. Yesterday, Romans 8:5&6 seemed to speak right to this situation (but then about every other day something has):
    For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
    For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace,

    And it made a difference to me in how I choose to think in areas that I recognize my own weakness.

  • Sometimes you will run across a verse that just is interesting, or maybe you don't really get it. Pick that verse to carry around with you and let it be your meditation. See what God shows you.


We really are rich. Let's live in the riches of His word.

1 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Damselfly said...

I too love how a verse pops out at you just when you need it the most.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home